Are you desperately trying to become a morning person? If so, you are not alone! The dreaded morning alarm can make us groggy from sleep. Despite this, having a good morning routine is vital to being productive and energized throughout the day.
So, let’s explore some helpful tips on waking up, shining, and becoming a morning person.
- Keep your alarm out of arm’s reach: If it is within arm’s reach, it will be much easier to hit snooze and fall back asleep. Move it across the room so you have to get out of bed to turn it off physically.
- Set a goal for the morning (the night before) Have something to look forward to, like an invigorating run, a yoga session, or a favorite breakfast. Having something you are excited about will ease the transition into wakefulness.
- Get more sunlight: Sunlight helps set our internal body clock and makes us more alert during the day. Open your blinds first thing in the morning and get some sunshine!
- Develop a routine: Doing the same things every morning can help condition your body and mind to wake up simultaneously each day. Establishing a way will also give you something familiar and comforting to start your day.
- Limit electronics before bed: Reducing your screen time before bed can help improve your sleep quality. Try to avoid using electronics for one hour before going to bed.
- Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated can help you feel more awake and alert first thing in the morning. Ensure you’re drinking enough water throughout the day, especially when you first wake up.
Being a morning person doesn’t have to seem impossible. With the right attitude, commitment, and dedication, you can quickly wake up early and make the most of your day. With minor changes to your habits and routine and setting goals for yourself, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a morning person that shines brightly each day!